Thursday, September 13, 2007

90. Minor Setback

I’m horrified that I’ve not been able to do any productive Internet Marketing work for over two weeks. After the clean installation of Windows, my PC is almost back to how it was, but not quite. I still have to download all the Firefox plug-ins again, and I might have to use Open Office, instead of MS Office, as I have a further 24 threats to MS Office, that no-one is able to sort out for me.

I also took two weeks off work for the last part of August and had all that trouble with my PC. It’s not as bad, however, as taking two weeks off work then becoming ill, as has happened to my friends.

I went into the Apple shop in Cardiff last week, to buy those spongey things for my ipod’s earpieces (the only thing I can afford from that shop!) but I came out wanting an iMac. I can dream. The sooner I get back to work, the better.


I had to hire a car and drive four hours to a funeral last week, so I had to cancel two photography jobs, and do them this week. I also didn’t sleep at all the night before. I think it was because I was scared to death of scratching the hire car, and them taking the £200 excess off my Visa card, making me go over my limit.

Sadly, I’m not like most people when it comes to sleep. I can’t just sleep more the next night to catch up. It often takes a good two weeks to get my body clock back to normal. But I’m hoping I’ve done it in one week this time.

Despite the lack of production, I really could not have done any more work than I’ve been doing, so I’ve still earned all four of my stars every day. I am today however, revising my daily routine to include time to review how well I’m sticking to my IM plan. I have been doing it once a week, but I think I need a more rigorous shake-up, as I need to be working faster. It may not work, but it’s worth a try.

The funeral I went to was Mike Blacktopp's. I’m glad Mike is no longer suffering with Motor Neurone Disease. He could no longer speak or move for the last six months of his life. But he was very inspirational. Before his death he managed to raise over two and a half thousand pounds for MND, the Motor Neurone Disease Association. You can watch the official video of Mike’s charity skydive, Here.

No comments: