Tuesday, August 14, 2007

77. 30 Day Challenge Day 14

Watched today’s videos and found we had another 6 articles to write; three short pieces of content for each of our two niches. I actually had ten to write because I had only written two yesterday.

And I knew I had to get them all done, because once I get behind, I always have difficulty catching up.

It wasn’t a problem, when I went at my own pace and stayed focussed. Usually I’d panic if I’m even a little bit behind, but I can only concentrate at one thing at a time, so I did. I didn’t log into to the forum or my email account. I just wrote my pieces of content. Ed did his short article in 9 minutes. I did mine in 30 minutes, but I'm OCD about changing every single sentence, so there isn't duplicate content. Maybe my articles are too long. I didn't get them all finished.

I kept the pdf of Ed’s open to keep referring back to, as my memory’s like a sieve. This reminded me of which steps to take to get all the info together.

Also included in the videos were how to find affliate products, not to build a business out of affilaite marketing, but to test whether people in those markets are prepared to spend money.

Ed compared it to the TV idol series where you get paid to test what people want, rather than throw money away trying to find out. So he showed us Clickbank affiliate products, then showed us how to sign for Amazon and although they give measly rates of commission and we’re never gonna get rich selling Amazon products, they are a brilliant way of testing markets as they have so many products, and such a huge customer base.

I’m sure I signed up with them last year, and I know I have a Clickbank account, but stupidly, I never used them.

Had our weekly Skype call with Asbjorn and Pauline, and we lost Asbjorn after a while, but he was very helpful and guided me and Pauline through setting up Squidoo lenses. We won’t be covering thses in the 30DCIII.

No comments: