Thursday, August 16, 2007

79. Thirty Day Challenge Day 16

I’d finished all my short articles before I even left the house this morning! Jeez, why didn’t I listen to Ed when he told us about feeds last year? It took me about 30 minutes to write five articles from content that I’d got through a feed from Google news containing my keywords. And there are tons of news items I didn’t even touch, and I didn’t use any of the blog feeds, so there’s plenty of content to choose from in the future!

So after work, I had plenty of time to catch up with yesterday’s and today’s Thirty Day Challenge Day video tutorials.

Later I set up a Tumblr page on one of my niches, and added a brand new article I’d written from scratch. There’s also a picture of mine and a video of someone else’s. I’m pleased with how it looks.

Today Dan showed us how to make a Wordpress blog. I need to learn this, as I’ve only ever had Blogger blogs before, but Wordpress is supposed to be more flexible when it’s hosted on its own domain name.

So although I’ll still carry on blogging about The 30 Day Challenge here, I’ll have my Wordpress blog as well, that will be hosted on the 30DCIII site.

And as Dan showed us how to insert YouTube videos into our blogs, I plan to put one in, but I haven’t made any YouTube videos other the ones of Mike Blacktopp’s skydive. I’ll make more when I’ve made my $10.

I also downloaded a Firefox plugin that Caro recommended called Cooliris that lets you preview a site just by hovering your mouse over the link then moving slightly to the right to a Cooliris icon. I think it will prove a massive time saver, and already, I have been using it loads today. It’s at http://www.cooliris.com Thanks Caro!

Tried to finished 30DC work at 9.30pm, but actually it was 10.30 (now) so I have time to post to all my blogs, write my personal diary, walk and stretch and be in bed before midniight. That’s the only way I’ll be able to stop these headaches. I’ve been staying up way too late. And it affects my work the next day.

Only just realised I’ve misspelt Dyslexic in all my tabs since the 30DC started (I’ve been copying and pasting them form a Word doc). I’ll amend it when I get chance, but if anyone searching for it has managed to miss out the ‘s’ too (and I am aware of the irony), then they’ll find me no problem!

No comments: