Tuesday, August 21, 2007

83. TDC Days 20 and 21

Watched yesterday’s 30DC videos and I’m so glad I didn’t bookmark any of my pages, apart from one stumble, because so many people didn’t realise, and they overdid it. That was what drew attention to the owner of Tumblr. He was notified by Digg and other sites that people were abusing the system.

I’ll just keep writing content! I’ve put pages up on various blog platforms. We’ll just have to see if they’re as sensitive as Tumblr.

The really cool thing is that Google indexed one of my pages before it was deleted, and I hadn’t social bookmarked it at all! So all the other things we are being told to do with the post optimization is really working. I wanted to set up Google analytics, but I was too busy setting up the blogs in the first place!

The other cool thing is that I’ve found other platforms that Ed didn’t mention, and I would never have thought of even looking for them, if this hadn’t happened with Tumblr. There are hundreds of other opportunities. I spent ages writing content for one, then found out that the title of the blog wasn’t in the url! Your username is in the url. That’s no good!

So I deleted it all, but I didn’t have to rewrite it all when I took the content elsewhere, so that was good. Every mistake is a lesson learned.

I’m off work for two weeks so I was up all night last night on the computer, til I realised I wss supposed to be somewhere at 11.30am.

Stupid to stay up all night, but I was on a roll!

Today I added more content to my Hubpages and had my Skype call with Asbjorn and Pauline. Asbjorn couldn’t talk, but us girls talked whilst Asbjorn just typed. It worked quite well!

No comments: